Returned Goods Program
As our business grows with yours and we strive to give you the service levels you require to keep your crews moving, we have to make small changes in the way we process your orders to ensure you get your projects material when you require without any issues. We’ve decided this year that we’d look at our return policy and make minor revisions to ensure our shipping and receiving department can more efficiently manage the outbound freight to your jobsite.
Below you’ll see our revised Return Policy. There has been only minimal revisions and we post this letter as only a reminder of how we’d like to see our return process work. As always our intention is to strengthen our working relationship with you and continue making doing business with us as seamless and streamline as it ever has been. To that end, if you have feedback or ever feel any of our processes are not working to benefit both of us, please feel free to let us know and we can work with you to ensure we both have the opportunity to grow our businesses in an efficient manner.
Material being returned that is a standard stocking item:
- Prior to sending any material back to our yard, we’d like to have prior notification that there is material coming back. You may either advise your Account Manager or a Project Manager and they will advise our Warehouse Manager of the incoming product and we will do our best to be prepared for its arrival to ensure your driver’s get back on the road as quick as we can get them safely off-loaded.
- The more detail we can be given about the material coming back will speed up the processing of your credit and get our team back to focusing on getting your next shipment to your next jobsite.
- A detailed list is preferred, but general information would suffice.
i.e.… How many crates of pipe/fittings? What job name or PO# was used to purchase the material? What time will the material arrive in our yard?
- We’d like to see all returns come into our yard prior to 3pm, Monday thru Friday. This will give our receiving team a chance to sort through and start the processing of the credit the same day it was brought back to us.
- We encourage all product being returned to us be in the same condition we would have sold it to you to begin with. In order to give full credit we will have to be able to sell to another contractor and to do so it will have to be in clean, unused, resalable condition.
- We understand keeping product clean on a dirty jobsite is difficult so we offer our team to clean any product returned to us to get it to a resalable condition at a charge of $50.00 per teammate per hour.
- A lot of how we determine the stipulations we put on product we will give credit for is determined by our suppliers/manufacturers requirements on product we can return to them. With that being said here is a list of stipulations we must abide by to determine whether credit can be given:
- Both Water and Sanitary pipe cannot be returned if the pipe cannot be sold prior to the pipes expiration date (24 months after manufacture date as identified by date code on the pipe).
- Water, Sanitary and Storm fittings cannot be credited if purchased more than 2 years prior.
- Any and all product that has been installed/pressurized will have to be evaluated prior to any credit being given.
- If while processing the return we discover we cannot give credit for all or a portion of the material returned. We will set aside the product for pick up. We only ask, as we are limited with space in our yard, that the material be picked up within 5 business days (including Saturdays). We will gladly ship it to your yard or next jobsite at our standard freight charge. After 5 business days the material will have to be removed from our yard or scrapped.
- A handling/restocking fee may be incurred depending on how much time has been spent sorting, cleaning, repackaging any material that has been returned. Any fee’s being charged against the credit will be communicated prior to final processing of the credit invoice.
Material being returned that is Special-Order (Non-Stock product):
- All processes above are still in effect (i.e. Prior notification, Clean/resalable condition, handling fee, etc…), however, with Non-Stock (special order) product it will have to be returned to the manufacturer and any additional restocking/freight fees will have to be charged against the credit. Again, all fees will be communicated prior to invoicing.
- Note: Some special order/non-stock product may be non-returnable/non-cancellable.
- When ordering special-order product, our Project Managers will be communicating all pertinent information to those placing the order. Restocking/cancellation fees, whether a product is non-returnable/cancelable will be communicated prior to ordering.
- Depending on the product the Project Manager may require you to fill out a special order request form and may not be able to proceed with the order until this is returned to us. All necessary information will be present on the order form for reference.
Material on the jobsite that is damaged or defective:
We take pride in the strong relationships we have our suppliers and manufacturers and only supply product/material that we feel is of the highest quality and meets/exceeds all required engineered specifications for its designed use.
Therefore, if a product we’ve supplied you doesn’t meet the standards you require (assuming installation and design specs have been executed and communicated) then we will diligently work with yourselves and our suppliers/manufacturers to come up with a timely solution that keeps you and your crews moving forward. We ask that you contact your account manager or myself immediately upon discovering a damaged or defective product.
Colin Hart | Purchaser
Norwood Waterworks – Edmonton, AB
P: 780.488.7788 | C: 780.246.2618